Organizational Behavior (OB) highlights the importance of human factor for the effective function of organizations operating in the tourism and culture industry. In particular, it interprets employee and group behavior in order to allow better design of organizational policies, processes, and practices.
Human Resource Management (HRM), respectively offers the policies, practices and procedures that can ensure effective management of human resources, which are critical for organizational survival and long term success.
This module will help students comprehend their employees and also design appropriate policies and practices to effectively manage them by:
• Offering theoretical knowledge for the understanding of employee behavior
• Linking theoretical knowledge with organizational reality, though the examination of its practical implications
• Understanding of key functions of HRM
• Familiarizing with tools, policies, and practices of HRM
• Emphasizing the human factor as a core competence and source of sustainable competitive advantage
• Reinforcing the responsibility and cooperativeness of participants.