This module seeks to present the principles, methodologies and procedures of Marketing Management in the current business setting for tourism and cultural organizations. It offers a holistic investigation of marketing through an innovative context, presented as the art and science of creating value for customers and receiving in return their commitment and long-term relationship.
This module will help students understand the role and significance of marketing for organizations in the tourism and culture market and at the same time equip them with the knowledge and the ability to apply it.
In particular, it sets out to:
• Present the classical principles, philosophy and techniques of MKT
• Familiarize students with the MKT mix
• Connect new technologies, modern management information systems, internet applications and e-business with MKT
• Provide basic knowledge on the creation of a MKT plan
• Facilitate the consolidation of ethical and social responsibility of organizations.