Students gain proven knowledge and understanding with respect to the field of surveying – geodesy. They are in a position to use the knowledge and understanding acquired in order to solve problems. They are in a position to disseminate information, ideas, problems and solutions to expert as well as non-expert audience. They have developed the skills to acquire knowledge that are needed in order to further continue their studies with a great degree of autonomy.
The course is an introduction in order that the students gain the relevant basic knowledge. The objective is that the students acquire the required background so that during the subsequent urban planning courses they can understand what a topographic map is and how it has been constructed. Part of the material is also useful in order to follow later the courses of remote sensing and geographical information systems. In specific the course includes:
1. Introduction – Basic concepts
2. Methods to calculate acreage – scale.
3. Instruments and methods to measure angles.
4. Instruments and methods to measure distances.
5. Elements or Error theory.
6. Coordinate Systems – Transformations
7. Fundamental problems in surveying
8. Instruments and methods to measure heights.
9. Polygonal Traverses
10. Polygonometry – Tacheometry
11. Global Positioning Systems (GPSs)
12. Horizontal – Vertical surveying of building and surrounding area
13. Horizontal – Vertical surveying of building and surrounding area – course review
Practical exercises and written examination at the end of the semester.
• Βιβλίο : ΣΤΟΙΧΕΙΑ ΤΟΠΟΓΡΑΦΙΑΣ, ΣΤΥΛΙΑΝΙΔΗΣ ΕΥΣΤΡΑΤΙΟΣ
• Βιβλίο : Μαθήματα Γεωδαισίας, Γεωργόπουλος Γ.
• Βιβλίο : Αρχές Τοπογραφίας και Γεωπληροφορικής, Γραικούσης Γ., Λαγός Αιμ.