The main purpose of the course is students :
1. to develop the capability of approach of territorial cases studies based on their development needs and their planning interventions and regulations
2. to overcome difficulties encountered in implementation in the field of both theoretical concepts and approaches and techniques and tools
3. to overcome the problem of fidelity of information (in particular official data), through the use of combined scientific methods which allow the construction of new datas and information, adapted to the studied local environment.
4. be familiar with the concept of territories as a social product and acquire the basic knowledge and methods to contribute to the construction of territorial resources.
The course includes:
1. Introduction to the structure, the content and the objectives of the Collective Educational Case study (collective project) as a tool of territorial and development planning
a. concepts, data sources, methods and tools for processing
b. methods and tools for active participation in the discussion and planning of local actors
2. Organization of Diagnosis’ application (territorial and spatial)
a. choice of the subject and the territory
b. treatment elaboration of an adjusted methodology
c. preparation and organization of the diagnostic procedure
3. Diagnosis’ Application
a. selection of actors, interviews, consultations,
b. identification of strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats
4. Development and presentation of a synthetic plan of planning and development interventions and actions for a study area (territory)
5. Evaluation of the integration’s ability of concepts, methods, tools and techniques that constitute the methodological process of master DYNTAR.
The course is taught through
a) the teacher interventions,
b) the participation in the teaching of the group of DYNTAR’ teachers
c) the support on specific issues (mapping, spatial representations , GIS)
d) the work of students groups which are presented and evaluated orally
e) specific courses supported of the staff of the Laboratory of rural space during the diagnostic phase in the use of new techniques and technologies related to mapping, spatial representation and consultations
f) frequent trips to field.
oral examination at the end of the semester
working in groups with oral presentation